microneedling (collagen induction therapy) entails wounding and skin disruption to induce 2022世界杯决赛日期 and regeneration. in my prior postson follica, people often made informative comments about at-home microneedling and dermarolling for 2022世界杯决赛日期 .
update: september 5, 2022
two somewhat unusual updates below courtesy of reader feedback. also, please let me know whenthis studyon topical dutasteride and microneedling is released in its entirety.
microneedling for better drug delivery
a really interesting study from china was published in july 2022. the researchers found that transdermal delivery of rapamycin and epigallocatechin gallate (egcg) nanoparticles withdissolvable microneedlesled to significantly increased 2022世界杯决赛日期 in mice.more here. of interest:
“rapamycin groups demonstrated more rapid 2022世界杯决赛日期 , while egcg groups had higher follicle density. the best results were achieved with a combination of rapamycin and egcg.”
according to the authors, microneedling can break the barrier of the stratum corneum through puncturing. this ultimately improves drug delivery efficiency. note that this microneedling process is not the same as at-home microneedling, but there has to be some commonality of intentional wounding.
we have seen other such studies in the past, but this is the first one to utilize non-卡塔尔世界杯赛程表 drugs. make sure to read my post onnad, nmn and dr. sinclair, where i also touch upon rapamycin.
fake dermaroller warning
one of this blog’s valuable e-mail correspondants sent me the below lengthy message that i decided to paste after minor changes and corrections. i am not sure if the linked videos are biased by their sale of dermaroller products. i can also not vouch for the 95 percent “fake” estimate, considering that i have never microneedled or dermarolled my own scalp.
moreover, some of the most popular demarollers on sale on amazon have worked for many people per ratings and comments on 卡塔尔世界杯赛程表 forums, discord and more. so perhaps some people just get lucky and even a slightly “off” or fake product also works?
readers please let me know what you think in the comments to this post. at some point i might move this subject to the bottom of this post, underneath the original dermaroller section.
“you really might want to dig into the matter of fake dermarollers and shed light on this major topic, considering your large audience. most people (probably yourself included and most dermatologists for sure) aren’t aware, but at least 95% of dermarollers sold on the internet are fake. i myself think this is the main reason why most people don’t get results when dermarolling, or even damage their hair.
some related videos you should watch:
- https://youtu.be/q6ixrayoinq(interesting experiment on a banana skin with real and fake dermarollers).
the main difference is that the fake dermarollers have540“needles”. moreover, these are actually spikes cut from cheap metal wheels, but this is often only visible by breaking the dermaroller. so consumer can never see the truth. the real ones have192needles.
however, some companies try to fool buyers by creating fake metal dermarollers with 192 needles (my previous one was fake despite my watchfulness). the ideal is to order a dermaroller on which the needles are visible through the roll.”
update: january 5, 2022
new microneedling and 卡塔尔世界杯赛程表 studies
- a january 2022 study from china reported thatmicro-injury induces hair regeneration(and vitiligo repigmentation). the mechanism of action is via the wnt/β-catenin pathway.
- in january 2022, a study from india concluded that microneedling monotherapyincreased total hair countmore than topical minoxidil 5%. the combination of the two was even more effective.
- a june 2021 study of interest, albeit not exactly related to at-home microneedling: ceriananozyme-integrated microneedlesreshape the perifollicular microenvironment for androgenetic alopecia treatment.
- in february 2021, a study from korea found that a newly developed home-use microneedle deviceenhanced the penetrationof 5% minoxidil. patient self-assessment scores showed the highest satisfaction in the minoxidil + microneedling combination treated group. however, the excess hair count in this cohort after 6 months treatment (twice per week) was not statistically significant.
- in december 2020,an interesting lettersummarized a pilot study on using follica’s proprietary microwounding device to treat female pattern 卡塔尔世界杯赛程表 (fphl). the results were very positive, andi covered them in detail here.
- a september 2020study from iranconcluded that microneedling at a depth of 0.6 mm was more effective than at a depth of 1.2 mm. this is quite surprising, since most doctors and 卡塔尔世界杯赛程表 sufferers tend to recommend the higher number. for example, in the below video from 2020, the doctors suggest derma-rolling or micro-needling at a depth of 1-1.5 mm.
- ajune 2020 study from chinafound microneedling and minoxidil combination treatment to be superior to either one by itself. the underlying mechanism involves activation of the wnt/β-catenin signaling pathway.
below is a great video from dr. gary linkov. he recommends starting with 0.5 mm needle depth. consult your doctor if you develop any scarring or other side effects.
december 25, 2019
my original post on using dermarollingin combination with minoxidilwas published all the way back in 2013. more evidence on the benefits of microneedling for 卡塔尔世界杯赛程表 reversal came in 2017, courtesy ofdr. rachita dhurat.
at-home microneedling for 2022世界杯决赛日期
intentional scalp injury and wounding has been known to induce follicular neogensis via stimulating the dermis’ natural wound healing process. over the years, there has been a lot of online discussion about diy at-home microneedling and dermarolling to treat androgenetic alopecia.
i was planning to write a post on this subject in the past, but kept delaying it till today. for one, there are numerous 卡塔尔世界杯赛程表 forum and reddit threads on this subject running into 100s of pages. moreover, when it comes to microneedling for facial skin rejuvenation related applications, there is even more information available online. including numerous reviews and before and after photos.
according toa summary of paperson microneedling, the procedure can help numerous dermatological conditions. these include skin rejuvenation (via increases in collagen and elastin); reduction of acne scarring, wrinkles, fine lines, stretch marks and surgical scars; improvement in undesired skin color changes such as melasma; and enlarged pore reduction. note that in 2016, a japanese research team found age-related 卡塔尔世界杯赛程表 to becaused by reduced collagen.
an increasingly common use entails using microneedling or skin puncturing for better transdermal drug delivery. in the 卡塔尔世界杯赛程表 world, many doctors and surgeons are using microneedling in tandem with application of 2022世界杯决赛日期 serums, minoxidil, prp andexosomes.
needle depth, device choice and safety
among the key questions when trying out at-home microneedling on the head:
- what is the appropriate depth of needles for microneedling on the scalp for 2022世界杯决赛日期 ? for thinner facial skin uses, fine needles of 0.25 mm and 0.5 mm depth seem to be preferred. for thicker scalp skin, many people recommend 1.5 mm to puncture the skin and epidermis sufficiently. reader “pinotq” mentioned a possible treatment regimen of 1.5 mm once a week, and 0.5 mm daily for maintenance. a september 2020 study from iran founda depth of 0.6 mmto be more effective than a depth of 1.5 mm.
- what device is the best? there are hundreds of dermarollers and dermapens on sale online. a large number of those seem to have great reviews. it seems like most people prefer dermarollers to dermapens when it comes to the scalp, although the lower price of the former could be a factor. while the dermaroller needles enter the skin at an angle, dermapen needles enter vertically. each device and delivery method has advantages and disadvantages.
- safety precautions, including: making sure that the needles are sterilized and clean to prevent infection; not using too much force when rolling the device to avoid damaging the dermis; aftercare and cleaning up correctly in case of bleeding or other skin injury.
- how often to use the dermaroller or other micro needling device? can one get away with just once a week treatment? note that some people may easily bleed or have overly sensitive scalps, making microneedling impractical or even dangerous. for those with seborrheic dermatitis or psoriasis of the scalp, it is best to consult a dermatologist before starting treatment.
dermarollers and dermapens
dermarollers work via a rolling head of hundreds of stainless steel needles that prick the skin.
derma rollersare very cheap on amazon. however, sizes range from needle depths of 0.25 mm to 0.5 mm to 1.5 mm. the rolling drum size can also vary significantly. you will need to read the comments to this post before deciding on the best product (s) for scalp 2022世界杯决赛日期 purposes.
many people also use handheld motor powered dermapens (more expensive) for microneedling. these are also known as micropens. dermapens are handheld devices that work via oscillating pulses that rapidly move the needle up and down the treatment area. unlike derma rollers that move horizontally across the skin, dermapens move vertically.
for more information,see this articleon dermaroller versus dermapen. these two devices are also sometimes termed as microneedling roller v/s microneedling pen.
an alternative product that some people praise is called the dermastamp (or derma stamp).
a popularone from dr. pencontains 140 titanium needles. as of today, it has been reviewed 130 times and holds a decent 4.4 out of 5 stars rating.
user reviews on microneedling at home
ultimately, the point of this post is to benefit from crowd-sourced reader comments about this subject matter all in one place. i might even start microneedling myself in 2020 if i get more motivated after reading about people’s experiences.
follica’s recent statement seems to indicate that many kinds of wounding and skin injury can regenerate hair. follica’s tried and tested in-office version and device will likely be the most effective. but for the time being, at-home use will have to suffice.
if you find any links to microneedling before and after 2022世界杯决赛日期 photos, please post them in the comments.